Since Earthlife Africa is strongly engaged on policy work, the organisation makes regular comments and contributions to legislative processes and governance.
Check the sections below for a documentation of the policy comments made starting 2014.
Policy Comments in 2014
- Comments on proposed Eskom Nuclear 1 Revised Draft EIR VERSION 2
- On June 15, 2015, Earthlife Africa Jhb comments on Eskom Tariff Application
- Earthlife Africa Johannesburg and Naledi comments on Desired Emission Reduction Outcomes. (DERO)
- On February 07, Earthlife shared its comments regarding the Integrated Resource Plan Update 2013 with the Department of Energy, along with a cover letter.
- On February 21, Centre for environmental rights shared Comments on the Draft National Atmospheric Emissions Inventory System (NAEIS) Reporting Regulations as well as comments on draft Air quality offset policy (on behalf of groundWork, Earthlife Africa Johannesburg, the Vaal Environmental Justice Alliance, and the South Durban Community Environmental Alliance) with the Department of Environmental affairs.
- On April 14, Earthlife Africa shared its comments regarding the declaration of greenhouse gases as priority pollutants as well as the national pollution prevention plans with the Department of Environmental Affairs.
- On May 07, Earthlife Africa shared its comments on: Consultation Paper on the Guideline for Electricity Resellers / Traders Tariff in South Africa with the National Energy Regulator of South Africa, also making reference to Earthlife’s publication – Free basic electricity: A better life for all –
- On June 01, Earthlife shared its comments on the section of energy system externalities in South Africa with Department of Energy.
- On June 26, Earthlife shared its Comments on Carbon Offsets Paper as well as the “Improve economic models for climate change” comments with the National Treasury.
- On August 06, Earthlife Africa and groundWorks shared their combined comments regarding the Greenhouse Gas Inventory for South Africa from 2000- 2010 with the Department of environmental Affairs, along with a cover letter.
- Earthlife Africa shared its comments on the long term adaptation scenarios for South Africa regarding the report No.7 for the long term adaptation scenario flagship research program (LTAS) with the Department of Environmental Affairs.